Re: [OPE-L] Reliability of price channel - personal computer industry

From: Ian Wright (wrighti@ACM.ORG)
Date: Fri Apr 27 2007 - 19:11:55 EDT

> I saw his design and attempted to market a similar 5 chip controller for the Sinclair
> spectrum, where the cost constraints were much tighter even than for Apple.

The Sinclair Spectrum was my first computer, so I have a lot of
nostalgia about it. Paul, although this is only one of your many
achievements, I have to say it impresses me the most! In the 80's I
purchased an external floppy disk drive for my Spectrum from royalties
I earnt from published computer games. Knocking out machine code
programs and then saving them to magnetic tape on a home cassette
recorder was very time consuming. A disk drive was a real leap forward
for Spectrum home computing. I wonder if my disk drive used your
invention?

Best,
-Ian.