[OPE-L] Mexxage from Alejandro

From: Jurriaan Bendien (adsl675281@TISCALI.NL)
Date: Sat Jul 07 2007 - 20:18:24 EDT

Thanks for the clue, Alejandro. I think much depends on how far back you stretch the definition of the welfare state in time. Also, the notion of liberalism has different connotations in different parts of the world, and it changed through time. Some trace the origin of the welfare state to the Song dynasty in China. I have read some Esping-Andersen, but can always read more. But I have some reservations about that literature because the theory of the welfare state often lacks an adequate historical theory of the state.

Jurriaan