Re: [OPE-L] Reclaiming Marx's "Capital": book launch talks, reviews, media coverage

From: ajit sinha (sinha_a99@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Wed Aug 29 2007 - 18:01:28 EDT

--- Philip Dunn <hyl0morph@YAHOO.CO.UK> wrote:

> The thinking economist could take on board the
> possibility that profits
> that arise simply in buying and selling of already
> existing assets can
> be theorised as surplus labour.
_____________________
Then thinking economists will have to become
non-thinking economists! Let's suppose I bought a
Picaso painting 10 years ago for 1 million dollars and
sell it today for 10 millions. Where did the surplus
labor come into Picaso's painting that I was keepin in
a locker in a bank? First tell me what, according to
you, would be Marx's answer since I presume we are
talking about Marx's concept of surplus labor. Then
you could tell me what would be your answer if you
disagree with Marx's answer. Cheers, ajit sinha

http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/