Re: [OPE-L] Truncating Marx's "Capital"

From: Riccardo Bellofiore (riccardo.bellofiore@UNIBG.IT)
Date: Thu Aug 30 2007 - 11:23:57 EDT

In a sense, Fred, this was not already there in
Shaikh 1974 or the like, without the excessive
stress on the non-equilibrium etc.?  The TSSI
claims that there is no convergence to the
Sraffian solution but I doubt that, it seems to
me that (as the the Austrian Mises would do: he
too was critical of equilibrium theorizing!) they
simply say that the conditions may change between
one period and another.

If one wants to interpret Marx "correctly" should
work directly on the German, and do a true
hermeneutical work. Those who have done that
certainly do not come out with ONE Marx to be put
to test, and not a finished business for certain.
So Kliman has to resort to a peculiar, disputable
hermeneutical criterion, by the Neoclassical
Stigler. This becomes dogmatic as soon as that
criterion is put outside discussion.

rb

--
Riccardo Bellofiore