Re: [OPE-L] Truncating Marx's "Capital"

From: Paul Zarembka (zarembka@BUFFALO.EDU)
Date: Sat Sep 01 2007 - 11:06:38 EDT

--On Saturday, September 01, 2007 10:08 AM -0400 glevy@PRATT.EDU wrote:
> a) there is no reason to believe that the debate over the TP will be
> resolved to the satisfaction of most scholars in our lifetimes. The debate
> on the TP is not a "red herring" exactly, but it has become a road without
> an end.
>
> b) the debate on the TP has 'crowded-out' debates on many other topics
> which Marxians should be exploring in greater depth...

I agree.

To take just one example, Harry Cleaver's approach to Marx is rarely
introduced into discussion on this list. (No, I'm not trying to start a new
thread, but making a comment on this one.)

Paul

(Vol.23) THE HIDDEN HISTORY OF 9-11-2001  "a benchmark in 9/11 research"
(Vol.24) TRANSITIONS IN LATIN AMERICA AND IN POLAND AND SYRIA
         Research in Political Economy, P.Zarembka,ed, Elsevier hardback
********************* http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PZarembka