Re: [OPE-L] equilibrium and simultaneous vs. sequential determination

From: ajit sinha (sinha_a99@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2007 - 19:13:52 EDT

--- Fred Moseley <fmoseley@MTHOLYOKE.EDU> wrote:

> And let’s not forget that the Sraffian method of
> simultaneous
> determination of input prices and output prices from
> given physical
> quantities is not really a viable theoretical
> alternative.  Because it
> is based on the completely unrealistic assumption
> that all industries
> have the same turnover period.  This is not a
> simplifying assumption,
> that could be relaxed at a later state of the
> theory, but is instead a
> necessary essential assumption that could not be
> relaxed, without which
> the theory doesn’t work.
So Fred, Sraffa had never read Ricardo and Torrense?
Or you have never read Ricardo? I leave aside your
peculier interpretation of Marx's prices of
production, because no matter how many times I show
your elementary mistakes you are never going to
acknowledge it. Cheers, ajit sinha

http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/