Re: [OPE-L] models with unequal turnover periods

From: glevy@PRATT.EDU
Date: Fri Sep 07 2007 - 08:35:10 EDT

Addendum:  Of course, technological change can result in means of
production which require less constant circulating capital, e.g. if they
incorporate energy-saving technologies.  [There can also be technological
advances which result in the substitution of one type of circulating
constant capital with another (e.g. kerosene replaced whale oil for
lights).] But, if we're discussing that issue then it returns us to the
turnover of constant fixed capital that Michael P and I have discussed.
What this means is that, in practice, one has to consider both the
turnover of constant fixed capital and the turnover of constant
circulating capital since their turnover times are related to each other.

In solidarity, Jerry