Re: [OPE-L] Truncating Marx - very close to consensus

From: glevy@PRATT.EDU
Date: Sat Sep 08 2007 - 11:48:29 EDT

> The proponents of the TSSI do seem to think that they have the only
> correct interpretation of Marx's theory, and they certainly act
> dogmatically at times.  <snip>
> I wish they weren’t so dogmatic about their
> interpretation, but I think they have advanced the general level of
> understanding of Marx’s texts.

Hi Fred:

The above statements make it clear that you are agree with what I
suggested was the growing consensus about the TSSI.

I also agree, more specifically,  with what you wrote above about how they
"certainly" act.  Indeed, to just about all scholars outside of the TSSI
perspective this is ideeed (as you wrote) "certainly" the case.

Thanks for your input.

In solidarity, Jerry