Re: [OPE-L] Truncating Marx - no consensus

From: glevy@PRATT.EDU
Date: Sat Sep 08 2007 - 12:16:55 EDT

Fred:

I agree that there is indeed "no consensus" on any of the following
propositions made below by yourself.  More specifically, there is _no
consensus_ among Marxians who are outside of the TSSI perspective that
they have in _a n y_  significant way advanced our understanding of any
particular subject or sub-subject.

But, you do raise an important issue (which I hadn't really addressed):
i.e. have we *on balance* benefited through a critical engagement with the
TSSI?   My (frank but perhaps undiplomatic) answer to that is basically
... *NO!*   I will be happy to explain further if you so desire.

In solidarity, Jerry