Re: [OPE-L] models with unequal turnover periods

From: Paul Cockshott (wpc@DCS.GLA.AC.UK)
Date: Sat Sep 08 2007 - 16:45:40 EDT

Gerrys point in his last message is relevant - are you aiming for realism in
uncovering laws of motion, or extension of a historical text.

If you want realism you have to go either for an actor based model with
discrete time steps, or a continuous time model with differential equations.
But in either case you have to model actual transactions or transaction rates
and you have to derive the formation of a uniform rate of profit as the outcome
of the adjustment procedures and transactions engaged in by the agents in your
model. In your case since it is two dept, you can probably cut down the number
of agents to 4

1. The industrial capital in sector 1
2. The industrial capital in sector 2
3. The working class as a whole
4. The the rentier class or capitalists in the role as consumers.

Each of these agents will require equations to specify their rates of expenditure
on outputs of each industry. Agents 1 and 2 will also require equations to specify
their rates of employment of labour power.
Agent 3 will have to have equations specifying the labour actually delivered in return
for wages.

Paul Cockshott

www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~wpc