Re: [OPE-L] equilibrium and simultaneous vs. sequential determination

From: Paul Cockshott (wpc@DCS.GLA.AC.UK)
Date: Fri Sep 14 2007 - 04:31:34 EDT

Fred surely this is just an artefact of the fact that Sraffa uses
difference equations rather than the full formalism of differential
calculus. For his theoretical concerns -- primarily the critique of
neoclassical theory difference equations were quite adequate. If one
wants to go further, reformulating it all in differential terms is not
difficult, in which case turnover time vanishes as a distinct concept,
instead you have stocks of means of production, flows of replacement of
these stocks. The theoretically tricky bit would be the valuation of the
stocks which would have to be expressed as an integral function.