Re: [OPE-L] equilibrium and simultaneous vs. sequential determination

From: Fred Moseley (fmoseley@MTHOLYOKE.EDU)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2007 - 21:54:06 EDT

Quoting Paul Cockshott <wpc@DCS.GLA.AC.UK>:

> Yes but this is just a simplifying assumption on his part. The
> procedure to adjust for variable turnover times is not rocket science.

Hi Paul,

How is it done then?  You first suggested by using differential
equations instead of difference equations.  But Ian W. pointed out that
Sraffa's theory is not in terms of difference equations.  I don't see
how your revision to "discrete time steps" gets us any closer to a
solution.

If it so easy, why hasn't any Sraffian done it?

I think you are way underestimating the difficulties of incorporating
unequal turnover periods across industries into the "harvest method" of
Sraffian theory.

Comradely,
Fred