Re: [OPE-L] Incoherence of the TSSI - near consensus

From: Dogan Goecmen (dogangoecmen@AOL.COM)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2007 - 10:26:39 EDT

Tell that to Andrew! (Can I be there when you tell him?  I want to see
he show.) I can assure you (based on a reading of many articles and
essages which he has written) that if you refer to him as a Marxist
conomist, it will _not_ be well received by him!  Indeed, he would
onsider it to be an insult. (Well, that's Andrew ....)

In a paper to be published in "Capital and Class" Kliman and Freeman say this:

"The TSSI interpretation of the new value created by living labour, which M&V reject, is the only one in existence that deduces, rather than contradicts, Marx’s exploitation theory of profit.  Simultaneist interpretations must therefore be rejected as implausible, as we and Mohun have discussed before (Mohun 2003, K&F 2006).  M&V and other simultaneists are entitled to their own versions of “the” labour theory of value, of course, including versions that contradict the exploitation theory of profit.  But Marx is equally entitled to his theory, especially because all efforts to prove it internally inconsistent, including M&V’s latest effort, have failed."