Re: [OPE-L] Incoherence of the TSSI - near consensus

From: Riccardo Bellofiore (riccardo.bellofiore@UNIBG.IT)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2007 - 12:00:42 EDT

Sorry to bother you again, but this phrase below
encapsulates what is untenable and dogmatic in
TSSI.

But *Marx* is equally entitled to *his* theory,
especially because all efforts to prove it
internally inconsistent, including M&V's latest
effort, have failed.

I gave the arguments before on this list. There
is no possibility to assert this outside a
dogmatic position. Otherwise they should accept
the strict impossibility to have a Marx that is
not interpreted, and of an interpretation which
is not also a reconstruction. And then it is
clear the futility of a judgement like this.

This is also what I argued in London 2004 (hi,
Gary!) in the plenary on pluralism.

I guess I was also in the sesssion where Freeman
made his positions on Ricardo, to which Gary
refers. If it was that one, Freeman was arguing
his position from a very cursory reading of some
few pages of Kurz-Salvadori. So probably also his
reading of Ricardo was vefry quick.

If I may, I also insist, against Fred, that there
is no SINGLE Sraffian interpretation on Marx.
There are MANY. And I mean: BOTH if we refer to
Sraffian as = from Sraffa or if we refer to
Sraffian as = 'Sraffists', or followers.

rb

--
Riccardo Bellofiore
Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche