Re: [OPE-L] "Truthiness" and the TSSI

From: glevy@PRATT.EDU
Date: Mon Oct 22 2007 - 21:55:36 EDT

>> I could add that the paper and the presentation of Kliman at the 2006
> AHE conference in London was not done the way I would have done it if
> to further the TSSI cause.

Anders:

<Ugh!>

An early version of "The Truthiness of Veneziani's Critique of Marx and
the TSSI" (presented at the ICAPE conference, 2007).  I hadn't noticed
that before. Thanks. Since you mentioned his web page, you won't mind me
pointing out that in introducing this paper he refers to Roberto as the
"Great White Hope of physicalism"! I think that refutes your point about
how they are no worse than others in presenting the perspectives of others
whth whom they disagree. Your assessment fits the definition cited by
Kliman of "truthiness". In any event, I commend you for at least offering
a little criticism of his paper.

So - tell us - what do you see as the "contributions" of the TSSI? (please
understand, though, that others on the list - myself included - will not
necessarily agree with you and can be expected to state their
disagreements).

In solidarity, Jerry