Re: [OPE-L] Incoherence of the TSSI - consensus?

From: Paul Cockshott (wpc@DCS.GLA.AC.UK)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2007 - 17:13:29 EDT

There is much to be said for simulations since these force one
to put forward explicit mechanisms for events, rather than
assuming the results of dynamical processes.

What vitiates Klimans approach is that although it is presented
as being dynamical, it actually provides not mechanism by which
one of its main dynamic effects - an equalisation of profit
rates is to be achieved.

As Ajit noted in a post a month or so ago, it is actually very
hard to specify any dynamical process that would produce such
an equalisation. As far as I know there are know simulation models
that produce it as a result as opposed to assuming it.

Paul Cockshott

www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~wpc