Re: [OPE-L] Incoherence of the TSSI - consensus?

From: Ian Wright (wrighti@ACM.ORG)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2007 - 16:24:59 EDT

> What matter, it seems to me, are the power imbalances stemming from workers' alienation from the means of production. We can talk about these clearly enough without adopting Marx's labor value analysis.

The LTV is essential to the argument that capitalist profit is unpaid
labour-time. I am literally working for free, giving away my living
moments for the benefit of another.

The surplus-school rejects this since it does not resolve the
classical contradictions of the LTV. In my view, its critique of
capitalism is the poorer because of it.