Re: [OPE-L] Incoherence of the TSSI - consensus?

From: ope-admin@ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu
Date: Wed Oct 24 2007 - 16:30:35 EDT

Message was rejected by listserv because of formatting.  Have slightly
altered. / In solidarity, Jerry

Subject: Re: [OPE-L] Incoherence of the TSSI - consensus?
From:    "Anders Ekeland" <anders.ekeland@online.no>
Date:    Wed, October 24, 2007 4:20 pm

Hi Jerry,

At 15:23 24.10.2007, you wrote:

>I just quickly re-searched the archives. Without giving a post-by-post
>chronological history of the sequence, I think it shows the following:
>
>1. The recent discussion on the list of the TSSI began (harmlessly enough)
>with a post on August 18 by Ian W.

My point is that while Ian, Jurriaan and others discussed the
substance in August - you focused on the  phrase "defamation den" -
originally written by Kliman in a private email, so you triggered
this style oriented type of discussion.

The second time around to get an "near consensus" condemnation
of  the a) logic b) presentation of other views c) clarity of own
concepts of Kliman and Freeman.

My point was and is not that there is unreasonable to be very
critical to the polemical style of Kliman, but that one should not
fight that war *here*, on OPE-L. You were not attacked here. Just
ignore the counter-productive polemical style.

>3. Although it never really completely went away afterwards, there was
>another surge of postings beginning on October 19 with a short post I
>wrote calling attention of listmembers to the _C&C_ note by Simon and
>Roberto V.

"calling attention of list members" is in my view a rather
euphemistical was to describe that you asked the list if there was
not consensus on the "understated" claim that a,b and c "left
something to be desired".

>I certainly did not trigger the discussion which commenced in August -
>although  I (as you) participated in it.

Not the substantial discussion - but the style-oriented one.

>PS: I don't recall posting anything on this list recently (or ever) about
>a "defamation den".  What post of mine are you thinking of?

This one: