Re: [OPE-L] Incoherence of the TSSI - consensus?

From: Anders Ekeland (anders.ekeland@ONLINE.NO)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2007 - 16:57:06 EDT

Hi Jerry,

my last post on this topic:

1) In my opinion it is not correct to say that Kliman "indirectly
introduced" the expression "defamation den". Because: If Paul Z. just
had forwarded to the list the introduction to the book - delimited by
Kliman by ======= in his email to Paul - signalling clearly that his
first couple of lines were not intended for forwarding - this
"defamation den" would not have been an issue at all on OPE-L.

2) but the important point is that you get it all wrong when you write:

>In the subsequent discussion you were reminded that Kliman had introduced
>that expression on OPE-L in the above manner.  So - please - don't hold me
>responsible for that.  Kliman obviously wanted to intervene and stir
>things up here ... and he succeeded.

- Kliman did certainly not "introduce" that expression - it was you
that really highlighted     that phrase - which was your choice - but
not only that - you added:

"We are all  evidently in his reckoning part of the Global
Conspiracy Against the TSSI, which is also an International
Anti-Copernican Conspiracy Against Marx's Marxism, and Andrew Kliman in
particular.  In case you didn't all understand our secret mission - it is
to perpetuate the myth of Marx's internal inconsistencies and in so doing
prevent his perspectives from being taken seriously. Welcome to the club."

... and you would not express any regret or apologise for this -
which would have stopped all further discussion on this point.

3) Klimans "defamation den" was ironic IMO, and so was your "Welcome
to the club". But this type of irony does much more harm than good to
our common cause - left wing politics.

Conclusion: Kliman's "success" in stirring up things here was
entirely dependent on you letting yourself be provoked.

Regards
Anders