Re: [OPE-L] "that most valuable Marxist economics e-mail list, OPE-L"

From: glevy@PRATT.EDU
Date: Fri Oct 26 2007 - 19:42:20 EDT

A very brief reply to Andrew Kliman.

Andrew has
maliciously labeled me a "character assasin".  Indeed, he
has an entire web page which begins (with a huge font):

"JERRY LEVY, MALICIOUS LIAR"

I am not.  What
he calls "character assasination"  is simply my calling
attention to
others of his own words and
deeds.

>  But it is not only
exceedingly  improper, but  also exceedingly COWARDLY, to
publicly
> impugn the reputation  of  one's
opponents in places where they don't have the
> opportunity
to defend  themselves.

Ah, but he has attacked
me in an arena where I can't defend myself -- his Web pages.
So, I
guess that makes him (using the criteria he himself uses above) a
coward.

> Please note that Levy has been thrown
off the Capital and Class e-mail list

Note, also,
that Julian Wells (a protege of Freeman and Kliman) was on the small
body which made that decision.  For the record, I stand by what I
wrote on that list.
In any event, virtually all of the claims made in
my posts to that list are very easy to
verify -- indeed, in
just about every case I identify the sources there (generally,
Kliman's
own words).

I have nothing to apologize to
him for. Quite there reverse.

There are many other things that
I could (and, if challenged again, I will)  write but
will leave it there for now.

In solidarity, Jerry