[OPE-L] Marx on the general rate of profit/rate of interest: a translation error

From: Jurriaan Bendien (adsl675281@TISCALI.NL)
Date: Sun Oct 28 2007 - 12:53:22 EDT

Jerry,

The MIA edition is the Progress Publishers edition, published in 1954 and
reprinted subsequently, under the auspices of the Institute of
Marxism-Leninism of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the
Soviet Union.

In that sense, it was the official translation, "official" meaning "mandated
by, or enacted on behalf of, a governmental authority".

I agree it's a pity that the improved Pelican translations in English cannot
be put on an Internet server, because of copyright law. It would create more
transparency.

I also regret that the Pelicans are not yet published in hardback on quality
paper. I have a Volume 3  which is justabout falling apart.

Jurriaan