[OPE-L] SV: [OPE-L] Marx and philosophy

From: Martin Kragh (Martin.Kragh@HHS.SE)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2007 - 13:25:44 EST

Rakesh, a recent publication that might be of interest to you is

"A History of Scottish Economic Thought", ed. by Alexander Dow and Sheila Dow, Routledge 2007.

The book has two recently written papers on Smith and the way he tried to make sense of Newton's methodology. I personally found both papers interesting, even though the authors' are not in agreement as to how Smith made any sense of Newton. Some more info on the authors;

"Adam Smith: real Newtonian" by Leonidas Montes
"Adam Smith: common sense and aesthetics in the age of experiments" by Flavio Comin

I can also recommend Journal of Scottish Economic Thought.

You specifically asked for references dealing with "Newton-Smith-Marx", I have personally not seen any thourough paper recently on this topic. But nor have I searched either.

Kind regards
Martin