Re: [OPE-L] statement by Fred

From: GERALD LEVY (gerald_a_levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Fri Nov 16 2007 - 11:07:46 EST

I wish to thank Fred for the valuable service he has performed for the
list over a period of years in his capacity as Advisory Committee
member. He, and other AC members (including former member, Alfredo),
performed a thankless but important job for the list which - as he
indicated - took up a lot of his and our energy and time off-list.

I will not respond to the specific content of Fred's statement -
even though I do not agree that it is in many respects factually
correct - because it concerns off-list exchanges.  I also will
not respond further at this time in order to simply let Fred have
his say - a right which he has earned.

In solidarity, Jerry