Re: [OPE-L] statement by Fred

From: Allin Cottrell (cottrell@WFU.EDU)
Date: Fri Nov 16 2007 - 16:05:04 EST

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007, Fred Moseley wrote:

> I hereby resign from the OPE-L Advisory Committee...

Sorry to take up more space with this, but I too tender my
resignation from the Advisory Committee.

Our role has been just that, "advisory", and lately our advice has
not been taken, although a lot of time has been taken up.

It's probably not appropriate for (Jerry + AC) to be a body that
operates by majority vote -- given that, as moderator, Jerry has
more at stake, and has to live with the consequences of any
decisions on a day-to-day basis.

So long as we have a reasonable degree of consensus, that's not a
problem.  But if we're at loggerheads, participation in the AC
loses its point.  If we are to change list policy -- or to confirm
existing policy as what we want -- this will have to be done
with the larger participation of the membership.

Allin Cottrell