Re: [OPE-L] fully automated economy and capitalism

From: Ian Hunt (ian.hunt@FLINDERS.EDU.AU)
Date: Sun Dec 02 2007 - 20:41:41 EST

Dear Jerry,
That is a very easy point to grasp. Sraffa's analysis of capitalism
holds for w (wages) greater than 0. However, we may step outside
capitalism to look at what holds when w=0, just as when studying
physical motion, we may step outside the motion of bodies  subject to
friction on inclined planes by looking, as Galileo did, at the case
where friction = 0. That too, is a not so simple but still relatively
easy point, I think,
Cheers,
Ian

Associate Professor Ian Hunt