Re: [OPE-L] Venezuela After the Referendum

From: GERALD LEVY (gerald_a_levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Fri Dec 07 2007 - 14:07:45 EST

> I agree that the removal of term limits was a move in the wrong direction.

I think it can be said at this point with a high degree of certainty
that it was a bad decision tactically.

Of course, this shouldn't blind us to the role of  a wide variety of
right-wing forces organized in opposition to the referendum (see
e.g. James's Petras's article http://counterpunch.org/petras12052007.html).

My sense is that the Bolivarians are undergoing a process of
self-criticism. Chavez also, I think, will look back on what
happened more critically.

In solidarity, Jerry