Re: [OPE-L] Two questions

From: GERALD LEVY (gerald_a_levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Tue Dec 25 2007 - 14:07:43 EST

(2) Have you ever in your vast reading of economics found a book which actually goes into the phenomenology of price phenomena, discussing ontologically different kinds of prices and how different kinds of prices actually exist? I am keen to find one.

Hi Jurriaan:

I recommend Willi Semmler's _Competition, Monopoly, and
Differential Profit Rates_ (NY, Columbia University Press, 1984).

Sub-titled "On the Relevance of the Classical and Marxian Theories
of Production Prices for Modern Industrial and Corporate Pricing",
it includes sections on the empirical evidence.

In solidarity, Jerry