[OPE-L] glossary for V1 of _Capital

From: Jurriaan Bendien (adsl675281@TISCALI.NL)
Date: Sun Jan 06 2008 - 19:07:48 EST

From what I have written previously, it should be obvious that I disagree
with his definition of "accumulation of capital".

The accumulation of capital is generally simply the process whereby a sum of
money-capital is transformed into a larger sum of money-capital. This need
not involve investment in production at all, since it can occur simply
through trade in various forms, as Marx illustrates in Cap. Vol. 1 with the
circuit M-C-M', or through robbery in various forms (as in primitive
accumulation). Empirically, the accumulation of capital is measured by the
increase in the stock of capital assets owned across time.

I regret to say I find all of the definitions given by Ed George
insufficient, questionable or mistaken in some respects, but I lack the time
to improve them.

Jurriaan