Re: [OPE-L] glossary for V1 of _Capital

From: Ian Hunt (ian.hunt@FLINDERS.EDU.AU)
Date: Tue Jan 08 2008 - 01:51:59 EST

Dear Paul,
I am not sure how the various terms you propose fit the case where C
increases but V does not. If I have you right, you distinguish
between 'accumulation' which involves increase of C and V and
'accumulation of capital', which involves increase of C without
increase of V, due to either getting workers to work longer hours on
more means of production ('production of absolute surplus value') or
getting fewer workers to work on more productive means of production
('production of relative surplus value') so that the organic
composition of capital increases or the 'materialized composition of
capital increases'. Is this what you mean to say/
Cheers,
Ian

Associate Professor Ian Hunt
Dept of Philosophy