Re: [OPE-L] accumulation of capital and the working class

From: GERALD LEVY (gerald_a_levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2008 - 17:00:31 EST

> In my opinion the only way to make sense of the concept of capital accumulation is in terms of the growth in the value of the stock of
>  means of production used as capital.

Hi Paul C:

Doesn't V figure at all in the accumulation of capital?

Your formulation above seems to suggest that the total
capital is represented by the value of the means of
production rather than C + V.  If I understand Paul Z
correctly, that puts your conception of 'capital accumulation'
diametrically opposed to his.

In solidarity, Jerry