Re: [OPE-L] glossary for V1 of _Capital

From: Paul Cockshott (wpc@DCS.GLA.AC.UK)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2008 - 11:01:23 EST

I am not wanting to dismiss your research Paul Z,
I think the issues are important, and in the end the meaning of the words used by an author depends on how that author deploys them.

Provided that they do so consistently others can understand what they mean. I would not have used the same terminology as you, because I find that separating the concepts of accumulation from extended reproduction of capitalist social relations is helpful in thinking through the processes leading to a declining rate of profit. If that is not ones focus, you may well find a different terminology to be more useful.

Paul Cockshott
Dept of Computing Science
University of Glasgow
+44 141 330 3125