Re: [OPE-L] glossary for V1 of _Capital

From: Paul Zarembka (zarembka@BUFFALO.EDU)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2008 - 11:35:28 EST

Paul C., OK.

Note, however, that I have extensively looked at Marx's use of
'accumulation' -- see the following web link:

  http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PZarembka/accumula.htm

Unfortunately, the links contained therein to Marx's work are broken
because csf.colorado.edu/... is no longer home to Marx's works.  Still,
enough of Marx's text is there to often know what is going on; in any case,
the text can be "searched".

The main link reports on

  -- "accumulation", and therefore "accumulations" (14) and
"accumulation's" (1), as well as for "accumulating" (14) and "accumulates"
(10). 382 matches for "accumulation" in 70 files were found.

I don't know more what I could have done at the time, other than the next
step I performed of analyzing Marx's usages.  Since then, I have work more
on the Volume II than I did at the time.

Paul Z.

--On 1/10/2008 4:01 PM +0000 Paul Cockshott wrote:

> I am not wanting to dismiss your research Paul Z,
> I think the issues are important, and in the end the meaning of the words
> used by an author depends on how that author deploys them.
>
> Provided that they do so consistently others can understand what they
> mean. I would not have used the same terminology as you, because I find
> that separating the concepts of accumulation from extended reproduction
> of capitalist social relations is helpful in thinking through the
> processes leading to a declining rate of profit. If that is not ones
> focus, you may well find a different terminology to be more useful.

(Vol.23) THE HIDDEN HISTORY OF 9-11-2001  --  U.S. softcover forthcoming
                               video summary at http://snowshoefilms.com
(Vol.24) TRANSITIONS IN LATIN AMERICA AND IN POLAND AND SYRIA
********************* http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PZarembka