Re: [OPE-L] (video) North American Union, Amero, V chip

From: Dave Zachariah (davez@KTH.SE)
Date: Sun Feb 03 2008 - 13:02:07 EST

on 2008-01-30 13:57 Jerry Levy wrote:
> We were  just talking yesterday about the prospects for
> a unified world economy and government.  I'm sceptical
> of the claims made in the following video, but it's
> worth a watch.
>
> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuBo4E77ZXo>
>
> Which parts of this scenario are more likely to
> happen than others?

I'm quite skeptical about this clip too. However, the point about a
North American Union was new to me. If I may speculate further: I think
it is consistent with the tendency of capital to eliminate all
geographical, social and political barriers to the free movement of
commodities, capital and labour. If it were left to capitalist logic
alone, there would be a single global state apparatus whose only purpose
would be to keep regions open to profit-making and to protect private
property.

Of course, capitalist societies do not evolve according to the
tendencies of capital alone.

//Dave Z