[OPE] The money in Jesus...

From: Jurriaan Bendien (adsl675281@tiscali.nl)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2008 - 13:55:16 EST

It was in the news that Benedict Fitzgerald, the scriptwriter for the movie "The Passion of the Christ" (which could be interpreted as a study in the cruelties of sexual racism, versus the hubris of ignorance), is suing Mel Gibson for "fraud, breach of contract, breach of the covenant of good faith, unfair business practices and unjust enrichment". He is reportedly asking for at least $5,000,000.

It made me think of that famous line in the Communist Manifesto about bourgeois civilisation: "All that is solid melts into air, all that is holy is profaned, and man is at last compelled to face with sober senses his real conditions of life, and his relations with his kind."

Perhaps the real movie is only just beginning for Mel... Here's me thinking of Hebrews 6:10.

Jurriaan

Do you believe in God?
cos that's what I'm selling!
and if you wanna get to heaven,
I'll see you right!
You won't even have to leave your house,
or get outta your chair,
you don't even have to touch that dial,
cos I'm everywhere...
And Jesus he knows me,
and he knows I'm right.
I've been talking to Jesus, all my life!
oh yes and he knows me,
and he knows I'm right!
well he's been telling me,
everything's gonna be alright...