[OPE] Theory of trade, the world market and the state

From: Jurriaan Bendien (adsl675281@tiscali.nl)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2008 - 15:32:35 EST

A reputable Dutch academic told me that in my situation I need to furnish proof of academic competency by publishing in refereed, not-too-leftish journals in order to get to the position where anybody will fund me to do research. Ian Hunt mentioned I need to publish about seven articles in such journals, to be considered for a Phd program. I can hardly blame anybody else for the way life went (even if emotionally I might feel that way), because if I do, then they are responsible for my life, rather than me being responsible for my life. If you don't take responsibility for your own life, then you are an ass on which others can ride, or put their burdens upon, obviously. Main thing for me is to "get a life", somehow, some way, some time. A lot of chaos happened. You can be a champion blogger, but that's not life. Life is a lot more than doing research, among other things you have to love something other than yourself, assuming you have a love for yourself, despite everything. I don't have the comfort of Jewish religion etc. because I don't believe it. I only have the comfort of knowing that if something is really true, then one can do anything one likes, but one cannot ultimately escape from it. If I write something I don't expect you to agree. I write it because, rightly or wrongly, I think it ought to be said...  if only because people persistently misrepresent what I think, or to iron something out. At least they can't deny I said it. But words aren't everything either. The real thing the thing that is true, has no words, no words are necessarily necessary.

Jurriaan