[OPE] Recent serious theoretical discussions: reply to Dogan

From: Jurriaan Bendien (adsl675281@tiscali.nl)
Date: Wed Apr 02 2008 - 14:28:27 EDT

Dogan,

As I said I am having a recess, and I don't intend to post more. Others can have a go.

My understanding of dialectics is very far removed from your Marxist philosophy of dialectical materialism anyway, and therefore it is likely that where you see a dualism I see a unity, and where you perceive a unity I see a contradiction.

I suppose that as Marxist academic you would like to be the boss over the workers and order them around, or at least direct the discussion, but you are talking to the wrong guy, because I don't accept you as my boss, in particular because I covered your concerns already 25 years ago and more thoroughly.

If indeed it was true that "the contradiction between use-value and exchange-value" is the "fundamental contradiction" to which all other contradictions can be "reduced", why then does Marx hardly discuss use-value at all?

Since my OPE-L comments are not regarded as "serious discussion" I am evidently wasting my time here, and I am better off working on other things, which I will do.

Jurriaan