Re: [OPE] Is 'dialectic' a scientific, pre-scientific or pseudo-scientific concept?

From: paul bullock (paulbullock@ebms-ltd.co.uk)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2008 - 06:08:23 EDT

Dave,

A contradiction is not necessarily antagonistic. The idea of opposition does
not express the complete meaning of contradiction. I think we need always to
work out the concept of the dialectical relation ion a conceret example, to
work out, to investigate how the social contradiction is 'structured' or
arises. This isn't a simple process of discovering a 'formula' and applying
blindly. We have to specific social relations and asses how they operate by
approaching them with a philosophical standpoint, a dialectical one.... but
the actual tracing out of the process is determined too by the
'actuality'... it is an ongoing analytical and especially an active process.
Even to observe is also to intervene, since the observations have some
consequence somewhere.

I don't want to be drawn into the debate from the standpoint of the
'physical sciences', but the dialectic is becoming  increasingly self
evident in contemporary research.. in forms that are not fully
understood.... thus the so called 'telporting' of photons, which in fact
sees the 'death' of one photon, and its ( mysterious) simultaneous
materialisation elsewhere with all the information content of the 'previous'
object. ( the Canary island experiments), and similar 'mirror' behaviour of
previously unknown particles resulting from the manipulation of a primary
set elsewhere, in the Colorado experiments. This sort of process seems to
demand a no formal type of logic to explain itself, one which seems to have
been anticipated by the 'dialectical materialists'.... ( lets make an effort
to rid ourselves of cold war 'black propaganda'  effects in all this)

Paul B