Re: [OPE] How to read Capital

From: dogangoecmen@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 03 2008 - 06:40:04 EDT

Dogan
-----
This turns the labour into commodity too. This, in turn brings, brings the
relationship of labour and capital into existence.

Paul
----
This is the sleight of hand or dialectical conceit that I was sceptical of in an
earlier post.
What you present as a logical development was actually a long historical process
that only
at particular times and under particular historical circumstances -- primarily
in Britain and
the Netherlands initially -- led to this occuring. Marx recognises this, and
devotes the
chapter on primitive accumulation examining it.

There was a long scholarly debate between marxist historians about this during
the 1950s and 196os.

reply
======

This is of course an outcome of long historical development. I was talking about the method of how to present.
But bear in mind that with Marx we have an entirely new concept of logic . It is historically and ontologically founded and therefore it is supposed to be the mirror of historical development.