Re: [OPE] Dialectics for the New Century

From: dogangoecmen@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 10 2008 - 04:07:31 EDT

 Lets accept for a moment Paul C's state theory of money (which is wrong, he should know that from Smith's exploration of the history of money. People used to use many things as money before  there was anything like that can be called state.) But we have to ask why the state issues money? There must be a reason for that. Traditional explanation says to easy barter (Locke, Smith). It means for the sake of exchange. But why do people use money to exchange. What do they exchange when they use money a mediation between two things? Why do they use a third thing exchange? These questions cannot be answered without referring to commodity and exchange of commodities. The state issues money but it arises from the contradictory nature of commodities.

Dogan