Re: [OPE] Diversity and Unity

From: dogangoecmen@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 10 2008 - 03:53:01 EDT

 Dave Z:

Marxism means above all to be critical and self-critical. "
Being non-dogmatic is being prepared to abandon ones ideas in the face
of new evidence." Yes but evidence must be presented that justifies to abandon a theory. In the case of Marxian theory ( I am saying 'theory' - not this or that statement of Marx) all evidences brought forth just confirms it.

"
But what I'd like to know is what science explicitly mentions the
concept "unity in diversity"?" Please see my post to Paul Z. In Physics we differentiate between various forms of matter (water, light, air and so on). But We collect them all under the term matter. Without doing this we cant refer to the concept of the world or even the universe.

"Also I'd like to know, is it conceivable that Marx was wrong about
certain theories?"

This is a hypothetical question. Please make explicit what you mean.

"And how would you go about to test it?"

Test? It is practice, experiments and as such history.