RE: [OPE] Problems in International Political Economy (IPE)shaikh's defence of Marx

From: Paul Cockshott (wpc@dcs.gla.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Apr 18 2008 - 17:43:02 EDT

Well Shaikh conducting a critique of Ricardos comparative advantage theory. Ricardos
model depended on the operation of the gold standard to induce changes in price levels
gold standard falls, then the whole critique of Ricardos theory of comparative
advantage is thrown into question.

Paul Cockshott
Dept of Computing Science
University of Glasgow