[OPE] Bit of workplace humor :-)

From: Jurriaan Bendien (adsl675281@tiscali.nl)
Date: Mon Jul 14 2008 - 14:59:14 EDT

(A colleague sent me this item, bears a thought - JB)

A large company, feeling it is time for an organizational shakeup to improve efficiency, decides to hire a new CEO to lead the effort. This new boss has a whole new strategic vision for the organization, and he's is determined to rid the company of all slackers with a whole new method.

On a tour of the company facilities, the CEO notices - much to his consternation - a young guy who is not doing anything at all, just leaning against a wall. The place is bustling with workers doing all sorts of things, and he wants to let them know that he means business with his new policy.  So he walks up to the guy leaning against the wall, and asks loudly so everyone will hear: "How much money do you make a week, young man?".

A little surprised, the guy looks at him and replies, "I make $400 a week.  But why do you want to know?". The CEO says nothing, but reaches in a pocket of his suit and quickly counts out $1,600 in hundred dollar bills, then pushes it into the guy's hands, and shouts: "Here's four weeks' pay, now GET OUT, and don't come back!!!".

The guy looks at him and at the money, confused and astounded, but then shrugs and leaves in an hurry, without saying a word.

Feeling satisfied that he's succeeded in setting a clear example in the workplace, the CEO confidently eyes the workers watching him and calls out,  "Now, can any of you people tell me what work that goofball actually did around here?".

There's complete silence all round.

Then, from across the hallway, comes a voice: "Pizza delivery guy from Domino's."