Re: [OPE] The Dog Days of August?

From: Philip Dunn (hyl0morph@yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Sat Aug 16 2008 - 08:03:18 EDT

On Sat, 2008-08-16 at 11:47 +0200, Dave Zachariah wrote:

> On the grounds of the three criteria for ranking and choosing theories:
> logical consistency, empirical accuracy and simplicity.
>
> The mass of evidence for extraordinary and implausible (by the standards
> of Occam and his razor) claims have to significantly *outweigh and
> contradict* the simpler and widely accepted general account. This is not
> the case for the 911 conspiracy theories today. (The Griffin interview
> being a perfect example.)
>
> To pretend otherwise is to delude oneself and destroy whatever
> credibility one has.

There is the presupposition here that the "widely accepted general
account" is not also "extraordinary and implausible".

Griffin does not endorse unsupported theories. He just says, for
example, that the evidence that AA77 hit the Pentagon is extremely weak
and that the evidence for controlled demolition is very strong.

I agree one should not be self-deluded. Better to let others delude one.

Can you name anyone supporting the official account who has
credibility?