RE: [OPE] Required reserve ratio

From: Paul Cockshott <wpc@dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Fri Oct 10 2008 - 11:09:23 EDT

Jerry,

You say "Depositors could withdraw the monies from their demand deposit accounts and then purchase gold or silver or Euros or oil futures or ...."

This of course can only be done by individual investors. For every purchase of silver, there must
be a seller who aquires cash in return.

Paul Cockshott
Dept of Computing Science
University of Glasgow