Re: [OPE] Invention, Inventors, and the Productivity of Labor

From: Paul Cockshott <wpc@dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Tue Nov 04 2008 - 04:21:52 EST

Ian Wright wrote:

> If so, I worry about the social and political implications of this
> difference. I also think having two kinds of income is potentially
> redundant. Why not allow all workers in the firm decide, in a democratic
> manner, how the profit is distributed? Especially as the entrepreneurs
> are supplying labour, like everyone else.

 It also seems invidious to single out some employees as
'entrepreneurs'. It may be appropriate
to recognise that a particular invention was made a particular team of
people and pay them a one off
a bonus from the overall reduction in costs that the invention made
possible, but that could be
any team of workers, not just a group of managers.