Re: [OPE] dialectical political economy

From: Michael Williams <michael.williams.j@googlemail.com>
Date: Fri Dec 05 2008 - 09:50:06 EST

Labelling of schools, tendencies etc is useful and probably inevitable.
I don't object to people self-labelling if they want to.
I prefer to leave it to others to label my work in accordance with what they
find in it - of course I try to acknowledge all my sources and influences
through scholarly referencing.

Geert is trying to get me involved in a major re-write of Value-Form and the
State; I am not sure whether I will take this up or not.

My current work is concerned with with conceptualising subjectivity and
rationality in economic, managerial and social theories. I have applied some
of this to see whether the rationaility postulate helps to explain financial
crises, by reference to the LTCM saga of 1998.

Thank you for your kind words about our VF work. I am happy with the
'labels' you apply to it.

Comradely,

michael

--