Re: [OPE] Samuel Bowles

From: Dave Zachariah <davez@kth.se>
Date: Sat Jan 03 2009 - 12:37:01 EST

Paula wrote:
> 'information' or some other mentalist notion.

While I agree with your general points, I'd like to point out that
'information' in an engineering sense is a quite materialist notion.

> One problem (for us) is that most Marxists come from a
> humanities/social sciences background and many take no interest in
> natural science - or even dismiss it altogether.

I agree with this. Historically, of course, this is a later development
in Marxist thought. I think it is necessary for Marxism to be up-to-date
with the general developments in natural science and materialist
philosophy just as its founders once were.

//Dave Z