[OPE] Services (->Paula)

From: Jurriaan Bendien <adsl675281@telfort.nl>
Date: Mon Jan 12 2009 - 02:21:53 EST

Paula,

Thanks for your comment on PUPL. However, the position you are taking is
one which I held a decade ago, and have since abandoned, as I will
explain in my paper "The significance of the concept of productive
labour in the Marxian critique of political economy". Most Marxist
writers who write about PUPL are academics who have little experience in
the workforce or in commerce, except the academy and technocratic
supervisory functions. In addition, they typically have not actually
studied the occupational division of labour either, and have only a
minimal knowledge of labour history or economic history. So I am
enormously skeptical about their pontifications about "productive labour".

Jurriaan