Re: [OPE] Heterodox PhD program

From: Alejandro Agafonow <alejandro_agafonow@yahoo.es>
Date: Tue Jan 13 2009 - 16:40:58 EST

Jerry: **No, we haven't.  The big problem, I think, would be getting accreditation for such a program.** What I miss on the part of progressive Economics is certain “sense of urgency” in organizing a well established academic space to formally disseminate and advance its knowledge.   Maybe the Union for Radical Political Economics is a good example of this. But Austrian Economics is far beyond with departments in George Mason University as well as the Mises Institute, not to mention the Mont Perelin Sciety.   Regards, A. Agafonow ________________________________ De: GERALD LEVY <gerald_a_levy@msn.com> Para: Outline on Political Economy mailing list <ope@lists.csuchico.edu> Enviado: jueves, 8 de enero, 2009 14:53:35 Asunto: RE: [OPE] Heterodox PhD program > Have you ever discussed the possibility of launching an international PhD program co-hosted by several department of OPE’s members?     Hi Alejandro:   No, we haven't.  The big problem, I think, would be getting accreditation for such a program. In contrast, it might be relatively simple to get volunteers to teach online  courses or head online seminars.   An alternative to consider might be to offer online seminars for Marxian students who are already part of PhD programs. I believe there is - or was - an organization  of  heterodox economics graduate students who we could discuss this possibility with - if others on the list are interested.   In solidarity, Jerry