RE: [OPE] Heterodox PhD program

From: GERALD LEVY <gerald_a_levy@msn.com>
Date: Thu Jan 08 2009 - 08:53:35 EST

> Have you ever discussed the possibility of launching an international PhD program co-hosted by several department of OPE’s members?

Hi Alejandro:

No, we haven't. The big problem, I think, would be getting accreditation for such a program.
In contrast, it might be relatively simple to get volunteers to teach online courses or head
online seminars.

An alternative to consider might be to offer online seminars for Marxian students who are
already part of PhD programs. I believe there is - or was - an organization of heterodox
economics graduate students who we could discuss this possibility with - if others on thelist are interested.